Learn Continental Knitting Class DVD
Many Europeans knit in what's called "Continental Style." In this technique, you hold and "throw" the yarn with your left hand, which often translates into faster, easier and more even knitting. Knowing Continental Knitting will build skills that will make more advanced techniques including stranded knitting, lace and cables easier to learn and master. Join expert Lena Skvagerson in this all-new Annie's video class, Learn Continental Knitting. In this class, you'll learn how to:
- Comfortably hold the yarn and needles in your hands.
- Work the long-tail cast-on and Norwegian cast-on.
- Cast-on using regular needles, double-point needles and a circular needle.
- See how the Norwegian cast-on creates a sturdy but stretchy edge great for edges on socks and hat.
- Knit, purl and create attractive texture by working rib stitch, moss stitch and seed stitch.
- Work a stretchy 2 x 2 rib and a smoother 1 x 1 rib.
- Increase and decrease.
- Pick up stitches and bind off.
- Create a very even, smooth seam ideal for joining two pieces together with the 3-needle bind-off.
- Work a simple cable design.
- Work easy stranded knitting with a Fair Isle swatch.
DVDs are both PC and MAC compatible, as well as US television/DVD-player compatible.
Total Run Time: 1 hr. 46 min.
Skill Level: Beginner
We Also Recommend